Unallocated Space was fortunate enough to make the cut for the Brackets for Good giving tournament
in Maryland. Brackets for Good is a charitable organization that helps build awareness, raise funds, and
expand marketing capabilities for local nonprofits through competitive, online fundraising tournaments.
Essentially, if we get more money than our opponent we advance into the next round. If we make it all
the way to the end then we will receive $10,000 on top of whatever everyone has donated. If we do not
make it through, we still get to keep what everyone has put in. We have decided to use funds generated
from the BFG Tournament to purchase a laser cutter for the space.
In order to ensure a successful tournament there are a few strategy items I would like you to consider:
- Don’t put all of your money into the first round. We will need to win each round in order to
make it to the finish and win the bonus $10,000 prize money.
- If you’ve ever wanted a laser cutter at UAS, this is your chance to help that happen!
- If you would like to make your dues payment through BFG, do not make your donation
anonymous, and please make a note about that being your dues in the memo.
- Pay attention to our opponent, especially toward the end of each round.
- Consider using the “Buzzer Beater” option when making your donation. This will give us a boost
in points at the end of the round!
- Communicate with other donors and work to maximize our chances of advancing further in the
- Spread the word to your friends and family! Every dollar counts!
You can find our Unallocated in our current matchup here:
Note: That you may only donate during active rounds that we are competing in.