We are back to the regularly scheduled time!
Sorry for the late notice. I put it off too long
We will be covering 16×2 LCD screens. Don’t worry if you don’t have one. I will be bringing plenty, and we have lots at the space too We will come back to LCDs at a later date. So if you miss this one it’s okay!
- Intro to 16×2 displays
- What are they useful for?
- How do you interface with them?
- Wiring the LCD up
- Hello World example
- Displaying multiple lines
- Overwriting/Updating text
If you cannot attend the class in person, E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the Google Hangout. The hangout will be started just before class (6:45-7:15 PM). If you have not gotten an invite by 7:15 PM, then please E-Mail email@example.com.
The slides for the upcoming and previous classes can be found here. The slides are generally made during the three days before a class.
- An Arduino board of some kind (Uno, Due, Mega, Boarduino, Duemilanove, etc)
- If your board does not have USB programming built in, you will need a programmer (AVRISP, Bus Pirate, Bus Blaster, AVR Dragon, another Arduino, etc)
- Breadboard (the long one if possible, though the small square-ish ones are okay for now)
- USB cable for your board and/or programmer
- Laptop with the Arduino IDE installed (Linux, Windows, or Mac)
- Jumper wires for your breadboard
- Breadboard and jumpers (if you don’t have any of either)
- Potentiometer (if you don’t have one)
- 16×2 LCD
Since Unallocated Space runs off of donations, we would like to mention that the recommended donation for this class is $5. It is by no means a requirement, but it does help us keep the lights on! Attendance to the space, and this class, is 100% free to all!