Space & Event LocationWe're located at 512 Shaw Court, Severn MD, 21144. Unless otherwise noted, events happen here at the space.
- UAS Project Dev Days @ 19:30"With all of the instruction that occurs at Unallocated, it's hard to find time to apply the skills that we have learned. UAS Project Days are dedicated time to work on Unallocated Space projects. This includes any work performed on Web projects, infrastructure development, Marketing efforts, or any group projects that can be used to further the mission of the space. Please come prepared to be an asset to the projects that you would like to work with, as this is NOT intended as a period of instruction.
For information on current active projects, check out the UAS Project Days spreadsheet ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArFsmS1RrTKEdG9CbjJ1cldEVllKRWgyUVlwdHVqZUE&usp=sharing ). To become involved with a project, please contact the project maintainer that is listed. To become a project maintainer, please contact r00ster. Everyone can contribute, but only Unallocated Space dues paying members may become project maintainers."
- FPGA Class @ 19:00We will be covering analog to digital conversion using an FPGA. The current plan is to use pre-programmed Arduino's to act as the analog to digital converter (ADC) instead of a dedicated ADC chip. The FPGA will be processing the data from the ADC and outputting data based on the ADC input.
1. Laptop with Xilinx ISE installed. Please ensure you already have the ISE installed!! We will not have time to wait for the install process to complete (it usually takes 15-30 minutes). Check out http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools.html and download the ISE Design Suite for your OS.
2. Some Xilinx Spartan 3 or greater FPGA development board (must be Xilinx!!). We prefer the Mojo or Digilent Basys II.
3. USB cable for your FPGA dev board.
4. Arduino if you have one
5. Jumper wires
1. Arduino if you do not have one.
Because of the cost of FPGA dev boards, we will not have extras. If you have questions about what board to get, please E-Mail email@example.com.
Since the space runs off of donations, we would like to mention that the recommended donation for this class is $10. It is by no means a requirement! Attendance to the space, and this class, is 100% free to all!
- Open House @ 19:00Open House Night - Come check out what UAS is all about. Keyholders and members will be available to answer questions, help with projects, and give tours. If you've never been to UAS before, this is a great time to check us out.
Call Us!+1 (512) 943-2827
Category Archives: Workshop
TweetSession number 2. We will be covering chapters 1 and 2 out of http://www.amazon.com/SCJP-Certified-Programmer-Java-310-065/dp/0071591060.
TweetMostly carrying over from last week. Agenda 1. Install/Run Xilinx ISE (http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools.html – ISE Design Suite) 2. Compile and upload blinky lights bit file 3. Modify blinky lights code to change rate of blink 4. Use DCM instead of divider … Continue reading
TweetThis will be the first installment of the FPGA classes. The only hardware requirement is that you have a Xilinx based Spartan 3 or greater (Virtex is okay as well). Spartan 2 will not be used because it requires a … Continue reading
TweetWe will be meeting to study up for the SCJP exam (Java 6). We are using http://www.amazon.com/SCJP-Certified-Programmer-Java-310-065/dp/0071591060 as our study guide. Feel free to join us!
TweetArduino night has come a long way over the last few months. Far enough that it’s becoming difficult for new people to join in on the festivities. That means that it’s time to start everything over again Agenda: 1. Get … Continue reading
TweetSushiCon is back! Join us at Katana Sushi just Northwest of I-95 & MD-100 for some damn good sushi. If you go to Katana Sushi in Clarksville, you’re going to be dining alone. Please RSVP here. Date/Time: May 6th, 2013 … Continue reading
TweetThe Unallocated Space welcomes you and your friends to come out and enjoy a BBQ from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM. We will also be cleaning and organizing the space. Everyone is welcome to stop by, but your participation is … Continue reading
TweetThis will be the last Arduino night before the classes start over again. Agenda: 1. Binary serial comms 2. Serial.event() usage 3. Answer random questions Required Items: 1. Laptop 2. Arduino w/ USB cable 3. PySerial installed if you want … Continue reading
TweetAll, On behalf of the Unallocated Space and the hackerspace community, we would like to take a moment to extend our sincere appreciation and respect for the late Dr. Samuel Jerome Ha, PhD. Thanks to his family recent generous donation … Continue reading
TweetUnallocated Space, a local Anne Arundel County Hackerspace in Severn, MD is excited to invite you, your family, and friends to its first community tech swap meet / garage sale on Saturday June 8th 2013 at eleven o’clock to six … Continue reading