Space & Event LocationWe're located at 512 Shaw Court, Severn MD, 21144. Unless otherwise noted, events happen here at the space.
- UAS Project Dev Days @ 19:30"With all of the instruction that occurs at Unallocated, it's hard to find time to apply the skills that we have learned. UAS Project Days are dedicated time to work on Unallocated Space projects. This includes any work performed on Web projects, infrastructure development, Marketing efforts, or any group projects that can be used to further the mission of the space. Please come prepared to be an asset to the projects that you would like to work with, as this is NOT intended as a period of instruction.
For information on current active projects, check out the UAS Project Days spreadsheet ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArFsmS1RrTKEdG9CbjJ1cldEVllKRWgyUVlwdHVqZUE&usp=sharing ). To become involved with a project, please contact the project maintainer that is listed. To become a project maintainer, please contact r00ster. Everyone can contribute, but only Unallocated Space dues paying members may become project maintainers."
- FPGA Class @ 19:00We will be covering analog to digital conversion using an FPGA. The current plan is to use pre-programmed Arduino's to act as the analog to digital converter (ADC) instead of a dedicated ADC chip. The FPGA will be processing the data from the ADC and outputting data based on the ADC input.
1. Laptop with Xilinx ISE installed. Please ensure you already have the ISE installed!! We will not have time to wait for the install process to complete (it usually takes 15-30 minutes). Check out http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools.html and download the ISE Design Suite for your OS.
2. Some Xilinx Spartan 3 or greater FPGA development board (must be Xilinx!!). We prefer the Mojo or Digilent Basys II.
3. USB cable for your FPGA dev board.
4. Arduino if you have one
5. Jumper wires
1. Arduino if you do not have one.
Because of the cost of FPGA dev boards, we will not have extras. If you have questions about what board to get, please E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since the space runs off of donations, we would like to mention that the recommended donation for this class is $10. It is by no means a requirement! Attendance to the space, and this class, is 100% free to all!
- Open House @ 19:00Open House Night - Come check out what UAS is all about. Keyholders and members will be available to answer questions, help with projects, and give tours. If you've never been to UAS before, this is a great time to check us out.
Call Us!+1 (512) 943-2827
Category Archives: Hacking
TweetI get a lot of questions from the curious and/or uninitiated about what a hackerspace is. Every time I’m asked I find myself at somewhat of a loss for words. It’s not that a hackerspace isn’t definable – it’s just that it’s … Continue reading
TweetHey everyone. As some of you may know, there have been some changes to the unallocatedspace board of directors. I (Crypt0s) am now president of Unallocatedspace following Dave Marcus’s resignation due to travel and availibility. With this Presidency, I am … Continue reading
TweetContinuing with the trend of vastly improving the network infrastructure at Unallocated Space, we are now searching for anyone, someone, a couple of people–to be involved in building out our lab environment. Labs that we would like to see include: … Continue reading