Space & Event LocationWe're located at 512 Shaw Court, Severn MD, 21144. Unless otherwise noted, events happen here at the space.
- UAS Project Dev Days @ 19:30"With all of the instruction that occurs at Unallocated, it's hard to find time to apply the skills that we have learned. UAS Project Days are dedicated time to work on Unallocated Space projects. This includes any work performed on Web projects, infrastructure development, Marketing efforts, or any group projects that can be used to further the mission of the space. Please come prepared to be an asset to the projects that you would like to work with, as this is NOT intended as a period of instruction.
For information on current active projects, check out the UAS Project Days spreadsheet ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArFsmS1RrTKEdG9CbjJ1cldEVllKRWgyUVlwdHVqZUE&usp=sharing ). To become involved with a project, please contact the project maintainer that is listed. To become a project maintainer, please contact r00ster. Everyone can contribute, but only Unallocated Space dues paying members may become project maintainers."
- FPGA Class @ 19:00We will be covering analog to digital conversion using an FPGA. The current plan is to use pre-programmed Arduino's to act as the analog to digital converter (ADC) instead of a dedicated ADC chip. The FPGA will be processing the data from the ADC and outputting data based on the ADC input.
1. Laptop with Xilinx ISE installed. Please ensure you already have the ISE installed!! We will not have time to wait for the install process to complete (it usually takes 15-30 minutes). Check out http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools.html and download the ISE Design Suite for your OS.
2. Some Xilinx Spartan 3 or greater FPGA development board (must be Xilinx!!). We prefer the Mojo or Digilent Basys II.
3. USB cable for your FPGA dev board.
4. Arduino if you have one
5. Jumper wires
1. Arduino if you do not have one.
Because of the cost of FPGA dev boards, we will not have extras. If you have questions about what board to get, please E-Mail email@example.com.
Since the space runs off of donations, we would like to mention that the recommended donation for this class is $10. It is by no means a requirement! Attendance to the space, and this class, is 100% free to all!
- Open House @ 19:00Open House Night - Come check out what UAS is all about. Keyholders and members will be available to answer questions, help with projects, and give tours. If you've never been to UAS before, this is a great time to check us out.
Call Us!+1 (512) 943-2827
Category Archives: Events
TweetThe Unallocated Space welcomes you and your friends to come out and enjoy a BBQ from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM. We will also be cleaning and organizing the space. Everyone is welcome to stop by, but your participation is … Continue reading
TweetSushiCon is back! Join us at Katana Sushi just Northwest of I-95 & MD-100 for some damn good sushi. If you go to Katana Sushi in Clarksville, you’re going to be dining alone. Please RSVP here. Date/Time: May 6th, 2013 … Continue reading
TweetI apologize for taking this long to announce the next Arduino night agenda. I’ve been running out of ideas O.o Here is the agenda: 1. Refresher for 7 segment displays 2. Displaying numbers with a 7 segment display 3. Using … Continue reading
TweetIntro to Asterisk Class: Introduction to Asterisk – history and versioning Telephony – short discussion on different telephony methods used by asterisk Installation / Main configuration files for Asterisk Dialplan and common dialplan configurations Setting up a soft phone Basic … Continue reading
TweetYLs and OMs, It’s time for another installment of the Unallocated Space Ham Radio Night. In this episode, we’ll be running new feedline for our HF station and seeing what who we can talk to. A newly acquired SWR meter … Continue reading
TweetOn Monday, March 4th 2013 from 6:30pm to 9:30pm, We will have InfoSec Challenge night. The focus will be dedicated to a Linux Shell based Challenge. Everyone will ssh into the vm and see how many levels you can complete. … Continue reading
TweetCome check out TOOOL Regional Lockpicking Night at Unallocated Space tonight at 7pm. Here are the details from previous Lockpicking nights.
TweetMarch 9th, 2013 4pm-9pm Topics: Introduction to Asterisk – history and versioning Telephony – short discussion on different telephony methods used by asterisk Installation / Main configuration files for Asterisk Dialplan and common dialplan configurations Setting up a soft phone … Continue reading
TweetSushiCon is back! Join us at Katana Sushi just Northwest of I-95 & MD-100 for some damn good sushi. Please RSVP by adding a comment to this post. For the uninitiated, check out the Yelp page. Hope to see you … Continue reading