â€‹Want to make video games? Join us December 10-11, 2016, to participate in the worldwide game jam Ludum Dare 37. In this weekend-long game development hackathon hosted by Unallocated Space and organized by Baltimore Indie Game Developers Group with thier special guest, UMBC Game Developers Club.
Teams will be formed to create games based on a theme that will be announced Friday night. On Sunday afternoon, each team will have an opportunity to present their game.
This event is open to anyone interested in making video games. Some experience with art or programming is recommended, as is a laptop preloaded with software you expect to use such as image editors, programming environments, and game engines. No previous game jam experience is required, although it will help if you've worked on a game before.
All ages are welcome, however for those under 18, you must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Saturday 10AM – 10PM: work on games
- Sunday 10AM – 4PM: work on games
- Sunday 4PM – 5PM: presentations and submission to ludumdare.com
512 Shaw Ct #105
Severn, MD 21144, USA
- Unity: http://unity3d.com/ (2D & 3D)
- Unreal: http://unrealengine.com/ (primarily 3D)
- GameMaker Studio Free: www.yoyogames.com/
- Construct 2: https://www.scirra.com/
- Stencyl: http://www.stencyl.com/
- Ren'Py: http://renpy.org/ (visual novels)
- Paint.net: http://paint.net (pixel art)
- Inkscape: http://inkscape.org (vector art)
- Blender: http://blender.org (3D modelling & animation)
- Audacity: http://audacityteam.org (audio)